Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Lake Time!

For Father's Day my dad asked all of his kids to go to the lake with him. Who were we to deny him that?!! We LOVE the lake and would live there in the summer if we could! We took this opportunity to introduce Karis to "the lake" otherwise known as Lake Norfork.

To ride in the boat she has to wear a life jacket. I can't decide if it looks cute or abusive because it is just so bulky that she can't move, but really she didn't seem to mind it at all.


Check out the little grin as I zip her up. She doesn't realize what's happening!
She took a little nap on the boat, but for most of the time she was awake and alert. There was too much going on that she might miss. She did sleep most of Sunday and Monday, though, to recuperate. She was quite the trooper while we were there. She wasn't fussy and just went with the flow in spite of the lack of naps.
Oh, and the sweet little bathing suit is her European swimsuit, from Adrienne. We love you Ade and we miss you!
Another post coming on Van's first Father's day!

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

Oh, I just love this! I can't wait to meet her in real life SOOOOO soon! And yes, the swimsuit is pretty darn cute if I do say so myself. Love you!