Wednesday, December 7, 2011

A failed hair attempt and the bath that followed


Has anyone noticed how clever I am at titling these posts? Just wondering...

You may remember coils from a few months ago. They were adorable, and we got so many compliments on them that I just knew we had to do them again. We had several events this past weekend, so I figured that would be the perfect time. There is no point in spending an hour on her hair if no one is going to see it, right?

So, Friday afternoon after she woke up from her nap we got started. She really did great and didn't cry until the very end. Even then it was only because she was tired of sitting in the bumbo. How I will do her hair when she outgrows the bumbo, I'm a little concerned about. One of my hair blog ladies actually bought a styling chair for their house; like a beauty shop chair, really! I digress... She was doing great, but VERY wiggly, which was making it harder. AND her hair is significantly longer than the last time I did it. AND I'm pretty sure the ends need a trim because they are incredibly frizzy and not curly like the rest of her hair (I'm not ready to cut her hair yet though so that is the end of that discussion). As I was doing it I knew that it wasn't looking like I wanted it to, but I held out hope that once it was all done it would magically look great. There also seemed to be a problem with those frizzy ends, they wouldn't make a nice coil, they just kind of stuck out at the end, but I just globbed a bunch of product on it and forced it to curl. In the end it wasn't what I had dreamed, but it didn't look awful.


At least not yet. The next morning, those ends that I had "forced" to curl had usurped the product and were sticking out everywhere, not to mention the frizz. It looked BAD! K didn't mind too much though, because that just meant she got an extra bath. Don't worry I didn't shampoo her hair again, just used conditioner so that it didn't hurt when I took the coils out. I don't think I'll be trying those again anytime soon. Stay tuned though, to see how her hair ended up for the weekend. It was SUPER easy and pretty adorable, although she's pretty adorable anyway.


Enjoy the pics of our little splasher. She loves her bath!


No comments: