Monday, August 8, 2011

Baby's Room

Since bringing Karis home happened so quickly, her room wasn't exactly ready for her when she got here. It has been something thats bothered me for quite a while. We are slowly but surely conquering it. It started with painting the walls. They were a pale yellow, but really needed to be painted so we did tan (boring I know) with one baby blue wall. I honestly regret not doing more of the room blue because I love it so much, but I was scared to paint the whole thing blue since it is a girl's room. Who knows, Van might come home one day to find that I painted it all blue. We do have a lot of paint left...hmmm...

Katie and I made letters for her name on the wall. This is so nursery cliche right now, but I just couldn't help it. I really wanted it there.



Aunt Kasey made her a cute door hanger.


And my dear friend Kat made the mobile.


I'll post pictures of the finished product when I take them. How about that.

2 comments:

Heather Ray said...

Cliche or not, those letters you and Katie made are adorable!!! Are the backgrounds of each letter painted or printed paper or something else? Such a great idea!

erin said...

I LOVE the letters you and Katie made! I wanted to do that for Charlotte's room (except I would have bought the letters because hello, I have zero creativity), but her name is so long that I felt like it would be overwhelming.