Tuesday, October 25, 2011

7 months

Karis celebrated turning 7 months old by getting her picture taken, well, and then she had a crazy allergy attack, but it seemed to only last for a few hours.

About our 7 month old.
She seems to be getting chunkier every day.
She still seems pretty far from crawling, but she might take us by surprise.
She will pull up to standing when sitting on me, but only then. I think it is because she wants to give me a hug.
She is quite opinionated and screams when she doesn't like something, like being alone.
She has started to become picky about who she goes to and has a definite preference for Mom. My once perfect in child care child had trouble at the nursery both on Thursday and Sunday. I don't know how I feel about that! This separation anxiety shows itself at night too and when she wakes up, she requires a visit from Mom or Dad in order to go back to sleep. We don't have to pick her up, we just go in and pat her and say something and she immediately calms down and goes back to sleep. Seems simple enough except that sometimes it happens 4-5 times a night. We are tired again.
She is becoming a more picky eater. I think it really has to do with her being so easily distracted. It is much more fun to try and get the dog's attention than to eat her oatmeal, or whatever it is. If I can get her focused, she'll eat whatever I give her.
She is an expert with the sippy cup and loves water, but doesn't have much of an interest in apple juice. I hope that continues!
We started trying puffs, but she still hasn't fully grasped getting it into her mouth. She is an expert at getting them into the dog's mouth though!
The constant spit-up is starting to subside. It hasn't gone away completely, but the volume has definitely decreased.
She has fallen into a very predictable sleep routine. She wakes up at 7, naps at 10:30-12:00, naps again from 2:30-4:00. This is different from a month or two ago. Then she took a 3 hour afternoon nap. I will say I miss my 3 hour block of time, but this seems to work better for her, so I guess I'll sacrifice.

The rest of the post will just be pictures from our photo shoot with Kelsey Cherry. Thanks Kelsey, we love them.

We were sitting in our front yard for this one. Van was so embarrassed.
Oh man, that face...I just love her so much!
Look at those chunky legs!
I love the way her legs are in this picture.
This is how she laughs, she sticks her fists out and screams with her whole body.



Could she be any more beautiful?

3 comments:

Nikki said...

Love love love this post!!! I love the chunky thighs and the way she laughs! Thanks for sharing!! And she is beautiful.. she somehow keeps getting more beautiful.. not sure how that's possible! ;)

ashley addison said...

Love these pics! And all of your recent posts. ;) She is a doll! I love the pics of her laughing. That is hilarious!!! Cutie, cutie, for sure!

erin said...

Aw, I love the pics of her laughing! That is so cute how she sticks out her fists like that. She and Charlotte have some of the same clothes. :)